Most people responsible for business development in the Market Research industry are not sales professionals. They are researchers, project managers, practice leaders or firm owners who have gotten ‘stuck’ with the responsibility of growing revenue. The problem is that, often, these “seller-doers” don’t have the knowledge, skills or tools necessary to be successful at selling. Worse, they don’t want to sell or don’t like to sell.
So, what happens? Rather than consistently dedicating a portion of their time to selling, these seller-doers fall back into doing those things that are most comfortable for them… project work, client management, etc. And the more of that they do, the less selling they do, taking them further and further away from growing their firm.
If you’re a seller-doer and that describes you, we can help…
Harpeth Marketing’s Seller-Doer Workshop was developed specifically to address the challenges of those seller-doers who have been tasked with selling, but don’t really know how to go about being successful at it.
7 Reasons Why You Can’t Miss this Event
Interested in learning more? Take a look at all the ways you benefit by participating in our Seller-Doer Workshop:
- By broadening your understanding, we’ll help you to dispel any old myths you have about selling… and maybe even get you to like it!
- You’ll walk away from the workshop with a toolbox full of tips, tricks & techniques to help you acquire new clients and retain existing ones.
- Because it’s online, there’s no time or money spent traveling to a hotel or conference venue; you can participate from home, your office or a coffee shop.
- If you miss one of the online sessions or just want go back over a particular topic, no worries… you can simply watch the recordings we send out.
- The Workbook we provide is a complete resource… not only does it give you a place to take notes during the online sessions, but the ‘homework’ pages in it will bring the lessons to life and help you to customize them to your individual situation.
- This program is purpose-built for the Market Research industry. Steve Henke, our presenter, is a leading expert in sales & marketing for firms in the MR industry and brings his years of experience to bear with this program.
- Most importantly, you’ll take the skills and selling ideas you’ve learned and build them into a personalized sales plan to help you be more successful. And this planning process is repeatable, making sure you’re successful year-after-year.
The Workshop Agenda
An Introduction to Sales
- Why the seller-doer model is so difficult
- What is selling/what does it mean to you?
- The 7 Core philosophies of selling professional services
- Understanding each step in the Sales & Marketing process
- The one thing most often missing in sales (especially with seller-doers)
Acquiring New Clients
- Effective Networking
- Utilizing LinkedIn
- Solving problems
- Your competition
- The language of sales
- Asking good questions
- Qualifying sales leads
- Delivering capabilities presentations
- Working with marketing
- Re-engaging former clients & prospects
- Warm follow-up
- Cold calling
- Cold emailing
- The 1 question every prospect has
Maintaining and Growing Existing Clients
- The ‘mindset’ of working with clients
- The 2 most important keys: Trust & Communication
- How well do you know your clients?
- Client touchpoints – staying top-of-mind between projects
- Managing key accounts
- How to be “the expert”
- Getting personal with clients
- Measuring/quantifying your relationship with clients
- Getting social with clients
- Leveraging relationships for proof sources
- Building broader and deeper relationships
Creating a personal sales plan
- Tools you’ll need
- Activity & frequency: by key clients and in general
- Your sales pipeline
How it Works…
Step 1: You’ll log in online on three consecutive Fridays, each time for a 1½-hour online lesson.
Step 2: After each lesson, you’ll have a week to complete your “homework” (estimate 2 hours each week), where you’ll apply what you learned online to your unique situation. And yes, we provide the workbook.
Step 3: After three lessons and three rounds of homework, you’ll ‘graduate’ with the new skills and new techniques necessary to be more effective at selling. In addition, you will also have created a customized & personalized sales plan – a repeatable process that will keep you on track for years to come.
Optional: Steve Can Serve as Your Private Sales Coach…
Need an “accountability partner” to keep you focused on sales success, but don’t have one at your firm? Steve can help. For an additional fee, Steve will serve as your sales manager, scheduling 6, ½-hour sales coaching calls over the 3 months following the Workshop. During these calls, Steve will hold you accountable to your sales plan, serve as an experienced selling resource and help you work through any real-world sales challenges you might be encountering. You can register for this when you sign up for the Workshop.
>> Dates, fees and registration information coming soon. <<
To learn more about how our Seller-Doer Workshop can benefit your firm, contact us at info@HarpethMarketing.com or (615) 721-5330.
Steve Henke is President and Founder of Harpeth Marketing, experts in marketing & sales solutions for the Market Research Industry. Before starting Harpeth Marketing in 2012, Steve was President of 20|20 Research for six years, tripling revenues during his time there. His background includes marketing & sales staff and management positions in several industries. In addition, he has started & managed multiple sales teams and built & delivered sales training programs to salespeople across the country. Steve is also a highly-regarded presenter in our industry, having spoken at numerous events hosted by the Insights Association (and CASRO & MRA before that), Quirk’s, QRCA and Greenbook. He is also the most prolific writer about sales & marketing in our industry, having authored nearly 400 articles and a dozen eBooks.
Do you have a large team of Seller-Doers?
Would you like to have the Seller-Does Workshop customized for your firm and delivered in-person to your seller-doer sales team? We do that, too. To learn more, contact Steve Henke at Steve@HarpethMarketing.com.
“We recently asked Steve to develop & present a sales training workshop for our team of seller-doers. It turned out better than we could have imagined!
He was able to deliver his deep level of expertise in sales & management in a clear, engaging way. Steve installed the overarching sales concepts & processes without making it heavy. Our mostly self-taught team easily grasped the new information & connected it to their own experiences. Then he armed the group with a slew of simple tips & techniques that we were able to put to work immediately!
To say that Steve ‘transformed’ how we think about sales & our strategy going forward would be an understatement.”
Russell Research, East Rutherford, NJ